One particular note is about lead in service lines and home plumbing. The report states that the amount of lead leaving the plant is at or below EPA requirements but may pick up lead as the water travels through the service distribution lines and your home plumbing. The city is the first to acknowledge the infrastructure is beyond the point where it should be replaced. And if you live in an older home your plumbing also may contribute contaminants. For this reason alone don’t you think you should have a home water filter to maintain clean safe water?
Here is another footnote statement directly from the water quality report: “Drinking water, including bottled water, may be reasonably expected to contain at least small amounts of some contaminants.” Then it goes on to state some of the contaminants. “Contaminants that may be present in source water include:
– Microbial contaminants, such as viruses and bacteria, which may come from sewage treatment plants, septic systems, agricultural livestock operations, and wildlife.
– Inorganic contaminants, such as salts and metals, which can be naturally occurring or result from urban stormwater runoff, industrial or domestic waste water discharges, oil and gas production, mining, or farming.
– Pesticides and herbicides, which may come from a variety of sources such as agriculture and residential uses.
– Organic chemical contaminants, including synthetic and volatile organic chemicals, which are byproducts of industrial processes and petroleum production, and can also come from gas stations, septic systems, and agricultural and urban runoff.
– Radioactive contaminants, which are naturally occurring or the result of oil and gas production, or mining activities.”
Then look at the exhaustive list of contaminants the EPA has them test for and even though the levels meet the current standards, are you comfortable with the remnants in your drinking water? Auro Solutions has a solution for you with our lab tested Auro Liquid Gold water purification solution and water filter eliminating these concerns and providing you with clean healthy water.